Job Number 18001XA4
Job Category Administrative
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai, UAE
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
This position reports to the Housing Supervisor. The main focus is to ensure cleanliness of all accommodations. S/he performs a variety of skilled work related to housing maintenance and repair for the Housing: provides minor repair services to ladies and gentlemen residing in our Employee Housing including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry work.
Furthermore, attention is given to deliver excellence in quality Housing services to ladies and gentlemen in a timely, courteous and efficient manner. These services are inclusive but not limited to provide equipment ladies and gentlemen are asking for according their entitlement.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
– Follows all SOP’s and performs duties as per task list.
– Performs a variety of housing repair activities involving plumbing, carpentry, electrical, flooring, painting and roof.
– Repairs and maintains plumbing systems by repairing or replacing faucets, hot water tanks, toilets and drain systems: insulate pipes and crawl spaces.
– Performs a variety of carpentry work including the repair or replaces doors, glass and screens.
– Repairs or replaces electrical switches, outlets, lighting fixtures, circuit breakers and fuses; repairs small appliances.
– Reviews request and assesses work procedures before beginning a job: determines need for emergency repair or immediate services.
– Installs and maintains smoke detectors; repairs or replaces locks and other security hardware.
– Conducts room’s inspections to ensure cleanliness and to identify deficiencies in health and safety, electrical, mechanical, structural and plumbing components.
– Handles all employee requests expediently and courteously in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
– Executes all tasks necessary to get the rooms ready for new comers including room, moving furniture and equipment, making an inventory, getting grocery items, etc.
– Ensures that all equipment is properly cleaned, stored and secure when not in use.
– Carries out other duties as required by management from time to time, such as but not limited to lateral service in other parts of the Human Resources or Hotel and overnight cleaning
– Ensures excellent service and standards at all times as well as behaving in a professional manner when on and off duty
– Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures
– Sets up workstation(s) with necessary supplies along with maintaining cleanliness throughout the shift.
– Is an ambassador for The Ritz-Carlton Company
Training and Development
– Participates in ad hoc on-the-job individual and team training as needed, which is aimed to ensure that all team members have the adequate job and product knowledge
– Reports to the Housing Supervisor / Manager to rectify any lack in knowledge immediately.
– Must have a minimum of 2 year experience in similar position with The Ritz-Carlton or similar hotel company
– High School Graduate or equivalent required
– Certified in Basic First Aid
– Ability to clearly communicate with proper grammar in English to the employees’ understanding both written and spoken
– Ability to work well under pressure coordinating requests at any given time and maintain positive and engaging relations with all employees request
– Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools used in repair.
– Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 kg
– Knowledge and ability to use relevant cleaning material
– Organized and focused in high stress situations
– Attention to details