Job Number 18001991
Job Category Property Leadership
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai, Dubai
Position Type Management
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both The Ritz-Carlton and property ownership. Verifies the implementation of The Ritz-Carlton brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and increasing profit and market share. Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. The position verifies that The Ritz-Carlton sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Verifies that the objectives and goals of The Ritz-Carlton and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Represents The Ritz-Carlton in all leadership actions.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
• 10 or more years’ experience in a senior management position of a Four Star/Four Diamond hotel minimally.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
• Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Business Strategy Development
Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition; explores new business opportunities; develops business plans designed to maximize property customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share; verifies that property business plans are aligned with Ritz-Carlton brand business strategies; translates Ritz-Carlton global strategic plan into one that can be executed on property.
Business Strategy Execution
Executes business plans designed to maximize property customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share; verifies that property business plans and employees are aligned with Ritz-Carlton brand business strategies; holds property leadership team accountable for successful delivery of business plans; experiments with new ideas and takes calculated risks to improve guest satisfaction and profitability; evaluates the success of property business strategies to inform future business plan enhancements; continually verifies that business plans and actions have a positive impact on property performance.
Sales and Marketing