EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF FOR THE WALDORF ASTORIA DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
As Executive HeadChef for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre, you areresponsible for ensuring the site provides the highest quality menu and servicethrough passion, innovation and training. You will be developing and leading ahigh performance team, meeting agreed performance objectives. Besides this, youare accountable to deliver revenue and profits, maintain and enhance brandstandards and position the restaurants and bars as preferred destination within the competitive set.
Specifically,you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the higheststandards:
• Ensureall equipment is working to the standard required by the business and if issuesare found they are reported and auctioned by the company maintenance team.
• AnyLPO requirements should be arranged and followed up to ensure repairs andpurchases are made when needed.
• Buildand maintain working relationships with central purchasing. Source all seasonalingredients from the best possible suppliers within budget.
• Whenrequired to do so, ensure all menus are seasonal and creative using the finestingredients and working within the concept. Arrange and attend all menutastings.
• Ensureall cleaning schedules are being followed and completed to the requiredbusiness standard. Action any areas not to standard immediately by allocatingresponsibility to the necessary parties with a follow up and sign off processbeing put in to place.
• Be actively involved in ways to maintain and increase business levels. Being available to any marketing or publishing for the restaurants in conjunction with the marketing team. Carry out any recipe writing, food photography for any publication.
• Ensure daily, weekly and monthly administration is to company standards and meets set deadlines. Arranging of any external and internal events.
• Arrange all team building events or outings.
• Ensure all rotation of stock is done correctly and all chefs follow the correct storage procedures ensuring the appropriate stock level.
• Monitor food wastage within the active inventory system.
• Have full control on all inventory and purchasing and ensure all inventory information is posted on the system before cut off deadline.
• Be aware of direct competition and threats to the business, as well as of local and international food trends.
• Respond to any changes in the F&B function as given by the industry or company.
• Production methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction
• Any other duties as may reasonable be requested by the management