Job Number 18001NLD
Location The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi,
Assistant Manager – La Cabana – Beach Club
1. The ability to develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
2. The ability to hire, train, supervise and discipline all restaurant staff.
3. The ability to maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests when greeting them, seating them and throughout their dining experience.
4. The ability to possess a management ability that ensures a successful handling of the dining room.
5. The ability to take, control reservations and seating of the restaurant with regards to service standards.
6. The ability to ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all staff members.
7. The ability to anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
8. The ability to control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
9. The ability to observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant; makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
10. The ability to prepare staff schedules which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime.
11. The ability to communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals.
12. The ability to handle monies and keep a bank float from the hotel.
13. The ability to ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the restaurant.
14. The ability to process a guest walk out.
15. The ability to promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
16. The ability to prepare daily and weekly payroll as required by the Controller.
17. The ability to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of wines and spirits.
18. The ability to assist in the completion and conducting performance evaluations for all employees.
19. The ability to maintain a daily log for communication between restaurant staff and with upper management.
20. The ability to supervise the public areas and restrooms.
21. The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
22. The ability to promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate.
23. The ability to complete all accident reports promptly.