Job Ref 449941 Maintenance Technician (m/f)
Novotel Dubai Al Barsha
City DUBAI State Northern UAE
1-2 years Professional experiences
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· Guest oriented and service minded, with attention to quality
· Dynamic and proactive
· A thorough and organized approach
· Ability to perform under pressure
• Maintains repairs and does necessary adjustment of the air conditioning and refrigeration equipment such as Chillers, FCU’s, Split A/C Units, Window A/C Units, Cold rooms. Coolers, Ice machines, Extract fans and all the HVAC related equipment.
• Carries out Planned Preventive Maintenance as per the manual/schedules and maintains service reports.
• Assists Chiller contractors on scheduled maintenance and briefs them on the condition of the equipment.
• Ensures of sufficient stock of spare parts for the A/C and Refrigeration related equipment and thoroughly checks the purchase materials for their quality”
• Executes energy saving measures and helps the department to reduce the energy cost.
• Ensures daily Chiller readings, Cold room readings and temperature readings are taken and all set parameters are maintained.
• Familiarizes himself with total layout of the building and estate regarding safety aspects such as isolation points, etc.
• Performs preventive maintenance work, such as servicing of motors and air-conditioning and refrigerators as per the maintenance schedule.”
• To check daily the cold rooms, freezer rooms, fridges and ice-makers. Record daily log readings of cold rooms and refrigerators, ensuring proper operation of equipment.
• Attends to repair and maintenance of refrigeration equipment such as screw type chiller, walk in chillers, freezers and other commercial industrial refrigeration equipment.
• Advises improvements to the present system in order to optimize the operating efficiency and economy of the said system. • Assists engineer to prepare spare parts lists for the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
• Attends to repair and maintenance of air conditioning equipment such as window units, split, Blower coil units, Air-handling units and fan coil units.
• Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Programs
• Should be able to work from blueprints and sketches.• Also to do breakdown service in guest rooms, such as air-conditioners, mini bars.
• Servicing and maintenance of public area air-conditioning.
• Checks refrigerator and freezer temperature, calibrates temperature and pressure control.
• Ensure that all tools in the maintenance cart are kept clean and in good condition.
• Carry out any instructions as indicated by the Engineering Supervisor or the Director of Maintenance & Security.
• If judged to be capable of carrying out a different job title/requirement, must be willing to accept new job challenges and position.
• Familiarize himself with the total building layout. • Able to read, understand and comply with all current company policies.
• Keeps a close vigil of all areas of the Hotel to maintain clean, well organized and efficient work areas, in full working condition for the comfort, safety and pleasure of all guests and staff.
• Responsible for the tight control and issue of equipment.
• Ensures that all Engineering equipment is well-maintained and accounted for and that staff concerned are trained in usage, handling and care.
• Strikes a positive and effective balance between Hotel wants and needs for the benefit of customer satisfaction and profitability of the Hotel in the long running.
• Maintains safety and security of the Hotel in general, especially in matters related to guests and customers.
• Assists to monitor the security in and around the Hotel at all times ensuring the safety of guests and staff alike.
• Assists in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.