Expiry Date: 2018/12/06
Corporate Office – Director of Design – Food & Beverage
Rotana Corporate Office
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Food & Beverage Design professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Director of Design – Food & Beverage you are responsible to assist the Corporate Vice President – Projects in the overall development of Food and Beverage core functions and outlet concepts from concept brief to execution, supporting the F&B operations team in their opening requirements, when needed, and operating duties as part of the Technical Services team. The role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Managing and executing the design process for food and beverage functions in line with operational needs.
• Representing the company for the food and beverage part of the Technical Services function
• Preparing concept briefs
• Supporting design throughout project design phases
• Value engineering, specification and shop drawings
• Participating in project meetings and conducting site and factory visits
• Advising on equipment brands, specifications and manufacturing
• Supporting the architecture and interior design teams with F&B operational requirements
• Acting as the main contact for all stakeholders regarding F&B development
• Conducting market and site research, if and when required, depending on the project
• Staying up to date with current trends in concepts, equipment, operating practices, manufacturing processes, food, beverage, waste management, market dynamics
• Staying up to date with food safety requirements in the countries of operation
• Developing and maintaining F&B Technical Services guidelines
• Working closely with the operations team to implement their operational requirements into the projects as best as budget and site restrictions allow.
• Developing internal working practices
• Managing and developing colleagues affiliated with the F&B development team.
You should be a university graduate with a degree in Hospitality Management with at least three years of management experiences within the Food & Beverage department having managed outlet pre-openings, with sound knowledge of HACCP and regional food hygiene requirements, strong financial acumen with experience in preparing, evaluating and developing action plans based on financial indicators. Technically you will have fluency in both written and spoken English, and computer literacy with working knowledge in design software such as Adobe and AutoCAD.