Chef De Partie (Imperium Kitchen) – Jumeirah Zabeel Saray – (180000AH)
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Chef De Partie to join our Culinary team at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Organize shifting in the section with regards to mis-en-place production and its service.
- Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis and check that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- Write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his / her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues.
- Ensure that training on a one to one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Checks on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions.
- Check Demi Chefs/Commis on his/her section: Personal Hygiene and Jumeirah standards are in place.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years in the Kitchen/ two years in a five star International chain hotel
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- Demonstrate a passion for quality and cooking
- Willing to work in a diverse team
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates
: United Arab Emirates-DUBAI-Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
: Chef De Partie
: Dubai Region [Main]
: Jan 25, 2018, 2:47:00 PM