Senior Database Administrator Specialist
2.1 Scope of Work
- Build database systems of high availability and quality.
- Design and implement database in accordance to business needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Ensure that: data remains consistent across the database.
- Implementing system components, as per designs done; including authorised applications, configuration within the pre-defined technology standards; arranging necessary environmental requirements, scheduling and coordinating with the appropriate groups (internal and/or external).
- Implementing changes and releases (patches, service packs, and upgrades, as agreed) in coordination with change and release management and vendors as necessary.
- Ensuring the integrity of the server environment, ensuring virus and management agents are properly installed and working.
- Testing for new applications or design modifications, testing of backups and restores for environment components. Pre-production staging environment before live implementations to test software updates, bug fixes, patch and O/S releases; regression testing for new features, functionality and enhancements; pursuant to the existence of a suitable testing environment.
- On-going administration (including application executions) and operational routines (including backups and restores, log checks and diagnostics, preventive and remedial maintenance, restarts), with updates to other teams as necessary. Tracking and auditing of user and administrator actions on systems.
- Coordinating other administrative requirements with relevant operational teams.
- Managing and controlling on-line and batch processes, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Support and troubleshooting activities including remote support, scripting, handling escalations from other teams and external parties, with updates and resolutions within service levels defined.
- Coordinating activities related to incident, request, problem, change, and release management as required for the environment, including coordination with Nawah’s teams and external parties as necessary.
- Maintenance, performance management and fine-tuning; security, capacity, availability, and continuity management for the systems environment including relevant analyses; ensuring systems are kept up-to-date with manufacturer’s tuning recommendations.
- Inventory and documentation, including room and cabinet diagrams, configurations, updates to database records, reporting as required. This includes creating and updating system operations entries and policies in the Operations Manual and Knowledge Database.
- Storage administration, maintenance, configuration, operations and processing as per required service levels and Nawah’s requirements.
- Management and support of the backup and recovery solutions used by Nawah, routine and ad-hoc data backup as per application requirements; restoration and retention as defined by the Nawah’s backup policy.
- Restoration of data in case loss or corruption occurs.
2.3 Professional Certifications
- Certified ITIL.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Unix/Linux Certification
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional/ Master Certification.
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications
Over 7 years of relevant experience in capacity of Senior DBA Administrator
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Job Location:UAE
- Job Role:Information Technology
- Employment Status:Part time
- Employment Type:Contractor
- Number of Vacancies:1
- Career Level:Mid Career
- Years of Experience :Min: 7