Team Leader Technical Training
REF: 18000025 30-FEB-2018
The Team Leader Technical Training is responsible for the state of compliance of the Engineering Department pertaining to the training programme.
1. Establishing a Yearly Training Programme based on the needs assessment of the Engineering Department in conjunction with departmental Heads
2. Ensuring that the Training Programme monitory costs remain within the annual training programme budget as notified by the Senior Vice President Engineering & Maintenance.
3. Maintaining a Continuation Training Programme in compliance with established regulatory requirements and company policies.
4. Arranging for the provision of training courses by internal and external sources which have been approved by the Quality Department.
5. Carrying out instructional duties for which he/she is qualified, to meet policy, procedure, safety and technical matters required of the organisation
6. Monitoring and mentoring of in-house trainers to ensure they qualify and remain in compliance with company procedures when carrying out training duties, ensuring that sufficient staff with appropriate qualifications are selected, trained and developed for the position of In-House trainer
7. Evaluating and monitoring both internal and external training programmes for compliance, effectiveness, material content and regular updates.
8. Reviewing training course evaluation feedback and notify the Senior Manager Workshops of any training that does not meet requirements.
9. Maintaining a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practice requirements.
10. Establishing and reviewing Training Lesson Plans for new and established courses.
11. Maintaining the Engineering Procedures and forms pertaining to the training programme
12. Collecting and initiating the GCAA approval process of all aircraft type training completed at non-GCAA Part 147 Approved Organisations.
13. Maintaining records of training completed by all personnel, including dates, providers, instructors, attendees, course content, course approvals, certificates issued and feedback received/evaluated in a safe and secure manner through the AMOS system.
14. Ensuring that all newly employed personnel within the Engineering Department receive proper induction training upon joining, that training is recorded and those records are forwarded together with personal qualifications to the Quality Department.
15. Responding to quality deficiencies in the area which he/she is responsible, and which may arise from internal or independent quality audits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Degree or equivalent
• 6-8 years, Preferred proven working experience as a training manager in a similar role.
Knowledge / Skills
• Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops and simulations)
• Ability to manage and control the training budget.•
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Inspiring & Developing others