Senior Internal Auditor – Data Analytics
Responsible for the management and delivery of continuous audit engagements to provide an effective independent internal audit service to flydubai. To help in protection of Company assets and ensure efficiency, effectiveness and value for money in Company operations. To be a key member of the department, providing leadership and coaching to internal auditors, support the VP-Internal Audit in strategic planning. To present a strong and competent professional presence to flydubai management, provide technical expertise and mentoring to the team and display sound business sense to improve the overall internal control environment of flydubai.
1. Assist the VP-Internal Audit in developing and maintaining the Risk Universe and Annual Audit Plan.
2. Perform special ad-hoc investigations and consultancy work as may be requested by Senior Management.
3. Develop Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAATs) by designing automated scripts using tools such as ACL/Arbutus.
4. Perform automated periodic testing on business process controls.
5. Ensure that assignments are conducted in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and Departmental Code of Ethics, providing real time supervision and review of audit work performed by the audit team during fieldwork.
6. Communicate effectively and professionally with business units / department management (SVP, VP, Senior Manager and Manager levels) throughout the audit process, including developing a mutually agreed action plan.
7. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Senior Management within the organization.
8. Lead the quarterly follow-up exercise with Management to track and report on implementation of agreed management action plans, including KPI reporting.
9. Perform administrative functions to support the Internal Audit department e.g. assist with mid-year and year end performance reviews for Internal Audit staff, scheduling training sessions, assist or act as delegate for the VP-Internal Audit in meetings or communications with Senior Management.
10. Operate across all areas of the business with minimal direct supervision.
11. Must be able to travel internationally if needed (10% of the role)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/IT.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Internal Audit, preferably in an airline.
• Experience in data mining and SQL queries.
Knowledge / Skills
• Data analysis software – ACL or any other data analysis tool
• Design and deliver data analytic scripts to test various audit objectives
• Database and SQL knowledge
• Information technology general controls assessment
• Information technology risk assessment
• Stakeholder management skills, able to establish credible and effective relationships with Senior Management
Certificate / License required
• CISA qualification
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Experience of writing reports for Senior Management
• Experience of staff management and audit review process
• Experience of project management
• Audit experience with a multinational company is desirable
• Expert-level knowledge of a wide range of business processes and technology solutions
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing others
• Decision Making