Posted Date: Apr 16, 2018
Expiry Date: Jun 15, 2018
Database Administrator (DBA)
Carry out database administration activities. Install, and configure Databases in UNIX & Windows environments. Patch the databases regularly in-line with Security Policies of the Bank.
Manages the database and systems administration functions for the Bank.
• Monitors the Installation, configuration and implementation of Databases in UNIX & Windows environments.
• Monitors database administration tasks on Oracle RAC & MS SQL databases.
• Application and database tuning on Production database for enhancing the performance.
• Ensure database backups are monitored and periodic restorations are exercised by Database Administrators to ensure backup quality.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Review database & cluster logs
• Manages the Disaster recovery databases. Monitors the synchronisation between production and DR databases. Manages and troubleshooting of DR databases.
• Troubleshoots high priority systems such as the core banking systems to ensure availability of service.
• Managing Database monitoring Tools
• Provide support to the SIT/UAT process and production roll-out
• Monitor and Reviews Capacity planning reports
• Deliver to a standard of fast resolution of problems, demonstrated by a service-orientated mindset throughout the team
• Coordinate with system analyst IT teams for project delivery
• Support with the communication of project status and issues
• Undertake similar or related tasks or duties as directed by senior management
A university degree in a technical discipline is essential. A Master degree in a business systems related subject area would be desirable.
Database Administration Certifications would be an added Advantage
• Excellent knowledge in Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c Administration
• Excellent knowledge in MS SQL 2005, 2008 and 2012.
• Good knowledge of UNIX (IBM AIX and Linux)
• 8 – 10 years experience in Database Administration.
• Experience in managing Oracle database administration specialised in RAC
• Experience in managing MS-SQL database administration in Cluster/Fail-over
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning the database to provide high availability of service.