Atkins has provided unrivalled technical expertise and support to the oil and gas industry for more than three decades. Our highly skilled teams are leading technical developments across the globe. We combine innovation, ingenuity and best practice through all of our services. We are committed to excellence in the delivery of first class solutions, technical excellence and respect for the environment. Due to our continuing expansion we are inviting Offshore Structural Engineers to join our Offshore Structural/ Structural Integrity Management (SIM) team located in Sharjah, UAE.
Our Structural/SIM team is in involved in advanced structural analyses and integrity management of fixed and floating offshore structures. This is a great opportunity for talented engineers to gain technical experience within an internationally renowned consultant delivering projects around the globe.
To fill our current openings, we are inviting talented engineers with minimum 2 years of experience (Engineer) to join our Structural/SIM team in Sharjah, UAE with the following responsibilities/requirements:
Perform in-place strength, fatigue and ultimate strength analyses of fixed and floating offshore structures using SACS or SESAM Software.
Structural integrity assessments of existing platforms and design of platform modifications/strengthening.
Carryout structural design manual calculations to supplement/refine computer-generated analysis results and design of structural components.
Effective communication of study results to clients, either through verbal presentation or written reports.
A committed team player able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
Engineering Degree B.Sc. or equivalent in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Marine or Offshore engineering
Thorough understanding of Structural Fundamentals Theories (including Strengths of Materials, Structural Dynamics and Non-linear theory)
Experience with in-place strength, fatigue and ultimate strength analyses of fixed and floating offshore structures using SACS or SESAM Software Packages
Familiar with Offshore Industry Recommended Codes & Standards Practices
Preparation of projects reports including weekly/monthly project progress reports/ Manpower Histogram /Progress S-Curve as per project requirement.
Preparation & updation of Technical Document register.
Preparation of project minutes of meeting.
Communication & Co-ordination with client / vendors and project disciplines for various inputs.
Knowledge of project management software such as MS Project-2003 / Primavera P-6 etc.
Independently handle the projects as per management requirement.
Monitor and control the project Man hrs consumption to avoid overrun.
Bachelor of Engineering (Full Time) from reputed University.
Have min. 15 years of experience with project management in engineering consultancies.
Must Have Refinery Project Experience
Technically sounded with a good deal of practical understanding
Should be well versed with drawings and documents like Plot plans, layouts, Area Drawings and Standards & codes.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
Should be independent, and can take on responsibility.
Readily available to join or able to join immediately
Work location is Dubai
Priority will be given to candidates who previously worked in UAE or at present available in UAE.
We offer an exciting and challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with a pleasant working climate and skilled colleagues. You will be working on your own projects and can always count on assistance from your colleagues.
For the right person there is ample opportunity for professional development as the company is developing rapidly. We offer attractive employment conditions and we would like you to start as soon as possible.
The following position description conveys the general qualifications and responsibilities of our entry-level Consultant positions. Please include a cover letter along with your resume.
Coordinate and lead marine environmental surveys and monitoring.
Environmental data management and analysis.
Must be strong in the following technical capabilities:
Marine Field monitoring techniques.
Fieldwork operation logistics.
Microsoft office software.
Must be confident and literate in writing reports in English.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical persons.
Strong analytical abilities.
Willingness to work offshore.
Confident in working on vessels.
BSc/MSc on Marine Environmental Studies or equivalent.
0-2 years of related experience desired.
BOSIET/STCW or similar qualifications are preferable
Organization Name EMIRATES NATIONAL OIL COMPANY LTD.(ENOC) L.L.C
To lead and manage IT’s strategy & planning, policy & compliance and Program & Performance management processes using quality and management systems to ensure efficient and effective IT solutions and services that meets stakeholders and customers business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities covers four major areas:
Strategy & Planning
Facilitate and lead the development of the strategic IT plan
Conduct annual review of the IT strategy plan to ensure total alignment of IT with ENOC businesses
Define IT’s Enterprise Architecture that dynamically enables and supports ENOCs’ Businesses
Review and Advise on technology directions and innovations for ENOC to enable business competitiveness
Review the IT organization structure and relationships and recommend changes to improve service delivery and support
Consolidate and Prepare the annual IT business plan for the Group IT
Prepare IT annual Financial, Budget and HR plans
IT Procurement Planning , Vendor & Contract management
Policy & Compliance
Develop IT Governance framework using COBIT guidelines and oversee implementation and compliance to ensure high maturity scores on internal/external assessments
Develop IT Policies and Procedures for the IT service delivery and support , IT Service Continuity, Security using ITIL and ISO frameworks and oversee implementation and compliance
Develop IT security management system (ISMS) as per ISO 27001 standard and guidelines and oversee implementation and compliance
Develop and measure IT’s departmental/operational KPIs and establish a reporting process through an IT information management system
Manage Audit processes and the timely resolution of Audit points
Manage the Risk Management Framework and ensure the mitigation plans are executed to bring the residual risk to acceptable level.
Manage Quality Management initiatives
Establish a program management framework that adopts Project Management industry standards to ensure standardized initiation, execution and closure of all IT related projects
Support IT projects teams in cost identification and resource allocation
Manage overall projects risks to minimize project delays and defaults
Conduct overall projects status and compliance reporting
Ensure project’s knowledge harvesting through formalized project closure reviews and reporting
Define, monitor and report on business related SLAs
Monitor and report on operational level SLAs
Monitor and report on operational IT KPI’s
Monitor and analyze financial performance (budget vs. actual expenditures)
Monitor and analyze human resource performance
Conduct periodic internal Performance Contract Reviews
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience
B.Sc. (4 years degree) in computer related field such as Electrical/Electronics/IT/Industrial Engineering or Computer Science or Information Systems and Master’s Degree in Business Management
Overall 12-15 years’ experience with at least 8 years supervisory experience areas of IT Strategy, projects and performance management
Exposure to IT management systems such as ITIL framework
Exposure to Quality policies and procedures with possible exposure to ISO27001 standard and COBIT framework
Excellent in Data Analysis and presentation skills
Excellent Coordinating and planning capabilities
Team playing ability
Ability to handle functional roles of non-reporting personnel
Fluent English (writing, reading and conversation) + Arabic is advantage
Support and coordination: Improve HSE awareness and HSE performance across the organization through proper planning, coordination, implementation and integration of HSE activities.
Monitor compliance and address problems as they arise.
Training: Facilitate or conduct HSE training activities and exercises to improve HSE awareness and HSE performance across the organization.
Coaching, Training and Mentoring: Actively contribute to the development of staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or HSE
Certificate: NEBOSH or equivalent
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-ENOC House II
Shift: Day Job
Technical: Oversee the reservoir engineering aspects of dynamic reservoir modeling, reservoir management and field development.
1. Review and oversee subsurface data acquisition and quality control in areas such as fluid sampling, pressure monitoring, transient testing and PVT analysis.
2. Characterize reservoir performance, fluid properties and drive mechanisms based on analysis of pressure and production data.
3. Define the technical scope of field, laboratory and analytical work to be performed in-house and by third parties.
4. Coordinate reservoir simulation and reservoir management activities. Guide the integration of static and dynamic reservoir parameters, and recommend model updates and/or additional data gathering as needed.
5. Assist in identifying prospective well locations as part of the well planning process. Set forth evaluation and testing requirements from a reservoir management perspective.
6. Oversee reviews of reservoir performance trends and approve forecasts of future production.
7. Review and rank proposed reservoir development projects, including improved oil recovery projects, based on results of initial technical, economic and risk evaluations.
8. In consultation with service providers, research new reservoir engineering workflows and technologies and their areas of application in hydrocarbon asset management.
9. Update models with core analysis data and well testing interpretation
10. Prepare and complete PVT data set for producing reservoirs
11. Develop surveillance plan and collect data to ensure maximum reservoir performance
12. Develop reservoir surveillance data in current models.
25% of the time
Operational: Oversee the work of department staff and third-party consultants to achieve objectives consistent with department and corporate goals.
1. Allocate reservoir and petroleum engineering personnel among the operating and nonoperating assets in which Dragon Oil has interests, establishing work priorities and ensuring optimal use of resources.
2. Plan schedules and activities related to reservoir simulation studies and reservoir management activities.
3. Review consultant and contractor proposals for the provision of reservoir engineering services. Provide technical input and recommendations as part of the tendering and selection process, including scope of work, technical evaluation, input for commercial evaluation and review of contractor capabilities.
4. Work with reservoir engineering staff to evaluate simulation software and provide recommendations regarding software requirements.
5. Develop and manage the Field Development Plan (FDP), department operating budget and 5 years business plan.
6. Be aware of budget availability, contribute to the department budget planning process and maintain cost control of project activities within budget constraints.
10% of the time
Control: Policy, procedure and risk mitigation.
1. Maintain compliance with Dragon Oil guidelines and requirements regarding the gathering, quality control, maintenance, storage and retrieval of technical data.
2. Ensure compliance with and proper application of company procedures and internal regulations, including those pertaining to confidential information, and recommend updates as needed.
3. Oversee simulation studies of equipment and processes, ensuring that the appropriate software and technology is in place to support the engineering teams in meeting their objectives.
10% of the time
Liaison and coordination:
1. Participate in the well planning process to ensure that the drilling program meets reservoir management objectives.
2. Provide data and assist in surface facilities network simulations for network system optimizations.
Reporting: Prepare reports in support of department activities.
1. Prepare section reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet company requirements, policies and standards.
2. Provide reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required.
3. Provide management with reservoir engineering input for making field development decisions.
5% of the time
Coaching and mentoring: Actively contribute to the development of staff.
1. Lead and Support department staff in meeting needs for employee training, development and skill gap closure.
2. Coach employees in order to build their skills.
3. Mentor staff to ensure appropriate succession management.
Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time