Job Number 18002AUP
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group and transient sales opportunities. Manages the hotel’s segment sales effort. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Manages daily activities related to group and transient sales objectives. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the account on behalf of the company.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., territory sales, company sales) to ensure group and transient sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group and transient sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
• Responds to incoming group and transient opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the .
• Manages departmental budget, including group and transient sales.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Conducts data analysis and sharing of information on market conditions, competitors, client and industry changes, economic forecasts and trends.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new group and transient business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Maximizes total hotel revenue by working closely with Rooms and Catering departments.