Job Number 18002AU7
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To ensure the maximum comfort to the guest’s stay, by maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and service areas; to make sure that the Public Areas are maintained to the Hotel standard; to carry out and supervise the training of all associates to encourage their growth; to help the Housekeeping Leadership Team to manage the department in the most cost-effective way in line with agreed budgets and Company policies.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Number of Direct Reports – Variable
Titles of Direct Reports – Housekeeping Shift Leader, Special Projects & General Cleaning Attendant, HK Coordinator, HK Room Attendant, HK Room Attendant – Self Inspector, HK Coordinator – Admin Support, HK Intern, Laundry Supervisor, Laundry Shift Leader, Laundry Valet – Linen Attendant, Uniform Room Attendant, Tailor
Housekeeping leadership work experience (Team Leader, Shift Leader or equal positions) for a minimum of 2 years
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, listening, writing)
An effective Team Player in a team based environment
Effective time management skills.
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Able to do shift work
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. To be able to conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation. When necessary
2. To supervise the work of the room attendants and all supervisors providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the set standards.
3. To ensure any V.I.P or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival. To check all V.I.P Bedrooms.
4. To check public areas and to offer help where needed, to make sure that the cleaning is to the hotel standard.
5. To assist with the deep cleaning of public areas and to help in the floor care
6. To help to oversee with the Supervisors the coordination of training and orientation on all housekeeping associates, Maintaining training records, Training focus sheets and updating accordingly and assisting in the measure of the hotel standards.
7. To attend or hold training sessions when required
8. To assist with standard bedroom checks at all levels including team leaders
9. To carry out Brand Standard checks within the department
10. To provide assistance, support and training to all levels of Housekeeping team taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the hotel standards.
11. To assist with all team members 1on1 meetings and staff appraisals
12. To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
13. To assist in maintaining discipline within department.
14. To assist in the stock taking of all linen and equipment etc. at regular intervals, preparing the results highlighting any shortages or surpluses and undertaking remedial action where appropriate
15. To assist in monitoring departmental costs whilst using resource effectively and economically to ensure expenses are kept to a minimum.
16. To liaise with the maintenance department regularly to ensure that all faults, defects and minor paint repairs are carried out promptly and report more major difficulties to the Chief Engineer, immediately.
17. To assist organize and supervise deep-cleaning and special cleaning Curtains, Carpets of all areas under jurisdiction as required, to maintain the very highest of standard.
18. To be aware of the work specification of all outside contractors and to liaise with contracting companies as required.
19. To assist in the selection of equipment, products and services as necessary
20. To assist and advise on the installation or changing departmental systems or procedures and to ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation.
21. To assist with the recruitment and section of department employees.
22. To assist in the preparation of weekly Rotas and wages (Forecast, actual)
23. To assist the office coordinator to ensure cost effective staffing levels and usage of supplies, and to be fully conversant with relevant accounting procedures and records keeping
24. To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
25. To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to the health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
26. To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures, ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
27. To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
28. To provide a high level of customer care, anticipating any potential areas for guests dissatisfaction and taking appropriate action to prevent this
29. To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services for his or her attention.
30. To maintain a cheerful and polite Attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
31. To ensure all departmental practices, policies and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
32. To ensure that all room attendants hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
33. Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your line manager.
34. To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures up on hearing the alarm
35. Familiarizes yourself with your departmental service performance & product standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
36. Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
37. Follows all procedures set up for the protection of the environment within the hotel and grounds.
38. To relive the Office coordinator and Floor supervisor whenever is needed
39. To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services or Hotel Management
40. To relive the Office coordinator and Floor supervisor whenever is needed
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.