Job Number 18002JR0
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, ideally located alongside Dubai’s largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Kcal Restaurant is a Life style restaurant focus on delivering only fresh natural ingredients with no additives, sugars, flour and are 100% gluten-free.We use plenty of fresh high quality proteins including fresh chicken and fish, grass-fed New Zealand beef, fresh vegetables and fruits grown locally and sourced directly from Ripe Organic Farms, along with plenty of healthy fats from sources such as nuts, seeds, coconut and olives. Gourmet bridges the gap between “farm-to-table”, mindfully sourcing only organic vegetables, grown locally, helping encourage local farmers in a place where fresh is usually forgotten.All you get from our menu is fresh, natural and organic.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Oversees the work of the cold kitchen staff.
· Takes instruction from the sous chef and senior Culinary chefs.
· Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen cleaning up spills and other potential hazards immediately.
· Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
· Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each service or operation.
· Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
· Meets with potential clients to discuss menu options.
· Develops menus based on client specifications and contracts.
· Places orders for recipe ingredients including meats, fresh fruits and produce, herbs, spices and other supplies.
· Supervises junior cooks and other members of the kitchen staff.
· Ensures that all standards of safety are strictly observed.
· Presents the finished product to the customer for approval.
· Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
· Evaluates client satisfaction.
· Looks for ways to save the facility money while still providing top quality products and services for clients.
To move into this position you should have
· Tenure in current position minimum one year
· Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
· Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills
· Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
· Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
· Must have adequate upper body strength for heavy lifting and strong back and leg muscles for hours of standing, bending and walking around.